Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

Dahlia cultivar Hollyhill Bewitched

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

Dahlia cultivar Hollyhill Bewitched

Postby kneesinthedirt » Jan 06, 2014 11:58 pm

I am looking for a particular dahlia cultivar called Hollyhill Bewitched. Are there any Canadian gardeners out there who have grown this dahlia and have a tuber or 2 to trade for 2014 spring planting? I have a large selection of stored tubers and would be glad to trade if you have HB.
kneesinthedirt

Re: Dahlia cultivar Hollyhill Bewitched

Postby CG admin » Jan 08, 2014 12:11 pm

I checked on Botanus (botanus.com) and GardenImport (gardenimport.com), but they don't seem to carry that cultivar - though they may be able to point you in the right direction. The only supplier I found is in Oregon. Hopefully someone who pops in here will have a tuber for you!
CG admin
Site Admin

Postby kneesinthedirt » Jan 14, 2014 6:39 pm

Thank you for checking into this cultivar Tara. Much appreciated. This is such a coincidence! Two days ago, I found an Ontario dahlia enthusiast who says he has it (photo confirmed it)! Done deal! We're trading, and I couldn't be more excited as I've heard HB is a super cut flower. Winter, hurry up and be done with!
kneesinthedirt

Postby CG admin » Jan 15, 2014 10:54 am

Oh I'm so glad you found one! From the images I found from my online search, it looks like a gorgeous plant!
CG admin
Site Admin

Return to Plant Talk