Betty Minor's top summer lovin' favourites
1. Cosmos (Cosmos bipinnatus cvs.)
Colourful and super-easy to grow.
2. Coreopsis spp. and cvs
Breeders have been developing colours, suchas pink and magenta.
3. Echinacea (Echinacea spp. and cvs.)
Betty loves all the colours and shapes.
4. Gaillardia spp. and cvs.
A prolific bloomer, it flowers right into fall.
5. Macedonian scabious (Knautia macedonica)
Flowers are a rich burgundy hue, Betty’s favourite colour.
6. Beebalm (Monarda didyma cvs.)
Hummingbirds love them.
7. Poppies (Papaver spp. and cvs.)
Bloom all summer long.
8. Hartweg penstemon (Penstemon hartwegii cvs.)
Long-lasting blooms provide colour all the way to autumn.
9. Rudbeckia spp. and cvs.
Come in a wide variety of colours and shapes.
10. Pincushion flower (Scabiosa spp. and cvs.)
Delicate blue flowers.
11. Zinnias (Zinnia elegans cvs.)
Cheery flowers grow both tall and small with long-lasting colour.