How to - Gardening Resources
Grower profile: Toronto Flower Market
Growers and florists from the Toronto Flower Market share their favourite local flowers and helpful tips.
Photography by The Toronto Flower Market
Lillies: Natasa Kajganic, Toronto Flower Market
"My favourite local flower is the beautiful and fragrant lily. At the market I always search for the bunch that has the least amount of blooms open, that way I can watch the transformation happen at home. Every day the arrangement changes because new flowers bloom until all buds are open and fill the room with scent. I love watching flowers grow. And even though they are cut flowers, this process reminds me that they are still alive."
Natasa's tip: Remove the stamen in each lily so that they last longer, plus they fall and stain tables!
- Page 1: Gerberas: Van Geest Bros. Limited
- Page 2: Dahilas: Summer Song Farm
- Page 3: Poppies: Floralora Flowers
- Page 4: Tulips: Pioneer Flower Farm
- Page 5: Peonies: Patchouli Design
- Page 6: Zebra haworthias: Carl & Rose
- Page 7: Lilies: Toronto Flower Market
- Page 8: Japanese anemone: Sweet Woodruff
- Page 9: Peonies: La Primavera Farms
- Page 10: Poppies: Sweet Gale Gardens