Photography by Vicky Starz
Japanese anemone: Lisa Collins, Sweet Woodruff
"My favourite local flower would have to be the Japanese anemone. I adore it’s delicate petals and thin stem. But don’t let it’s daintiness fool you – this guy is a survivor! The Japanese anemone is a late summer flower lasts until early October and is both easy to grow and care for.
Lisa's tip: The Japanese anemone is an excellent cut flower that we love using in our arrangements and bouquets.
How to - Gardening Resources
Grower profile: Toronto Flower Market
Growers and florists from the Toronto Flower Market share their favourite local flowers and helpful tips.
- Page 1: Gerberas: Van Geest Bros. Limited
- Page 2: Dahilas: Summer Song Farm
- Page 3: Poppies: Floralora Flowers
- Page 4: Tulips: Pioneer Flower Farm
- Page 5: Peonies: Patchouli Design
- Page 6: Zebra haworthias: Carl & Rose
- Page 7: Lilies: Toronto Flower Market
- Page 8: Japanese anemone: Sweet Woodruff
- Page 9: Peonies: La Primavera Farms
- Page 10: Poppies: Sweet Gale Gardens