What to do now - Diversions
Take a peek inside a production greenhouse
Ever ponder the origins of all those gorgeous plants at your local garden centre? Here's a behind-the-scenes look!
Many greenhouses and garden centres use an automated system to control the environment in the greenhouse to ensure conditions are ideal for plants to thrive and grow. The Argus system is a fully integrated environmental and irrigation control system. With a push of a button, growers are able to water and feed an entire crop of annuals via drip irrigation. Spigots are placed in each pot and when the system is turned on, water slowly drips into the soil. Growers can add fertilizer to the water, so annuals benefit from nutrients and water at the same time. Temperature and humidity are also control by the same system.
- Page 1: The process of growing annuals
- Page 2: The arrival of the plant plugs
- Page 3: Preparing for cuttings
- Page 4: Monitoring for pests
- Page 5: Controlling the environment
- Page 6: Planting in pots and cell packs
- Page 7: Encouraging growth in seedlings
- Page 8: Watering plants
- Page 9: Ready for business
- Page 10: Choosing star annuals