What to do now - Diversions
Take a peek inside a production greenhouse
Ever ponder the origins of all those gorgeous plants at your local garden centre? Here's a behind-the-scenes look!
Annuals are extremely versatile and can be planted in a variety of pots. Cell packs are a traditional favourite with gardeners, but growers are always looking for innovative ways to grow plants. Wall bags have gained in popularity over the past few years. Easily hung on a wall, they add a colourful display of foliage and blooms to any vertical surface. Growers also plant larger containers with plugs which grow and fill the containers with colourful blooms.
Photo courtesy of Birdhouse Garden Market
- Page 1: The process of growing annuals
- Page 2: The arrival of the plant plugs
- Page 3: Preparing for cuttings
- Page 4: Monitoring for pests
- Page 5: Controlling the environment
- Page 6: Planting in pots and cell packs
- Page 7: Encouraging growth in seedlings
- Page 8: Watering plants
- Page 9: Ready for business
- Page 10: Choosing star annuals