What to do now - Diversions
Take a peek inside a production greenhouse
Ever ponder the origins of all those gorgeous plants at your local garden centre? Here's a behind-the-scenes look!
Even with an irrigation system, plants in the greenhouse still need to be watered by hand, especially plants growing in hanging baskets. It’s one of the most time-consuming tasks in the greenhouse, but it’s also the most important. When visiting a garden centre, you’ll almost always see a staff member dragging a hose behind them and watering hanging baskets with a watering wand, especially on a hot sunny day.
- Page 1: The process of growing annuals
- Page 2: The arrival of the plant plugs
- Page 3: Preparing for cuttings
- Page 4: Monitoring for pests
- Page 5: Controlling the environment
- Page 6: Planting in pots and cell packs
- Page 7: Encouraging growth in seedlings
- Page 8: Watering plants
- Page 9: Ready for business
- Page 10: Choosing star annuals