What to do now - Diversions
Take a peek inside a production greenhouse
Ever ponder the origins of all those gorgeous plants at your local garden centre? Here's a behind-the-scenes look!
As gardeners flock to the garden centres to buy their colourful annuals, most people have no idea how much time and effort has been involved in growing these plants. From the time Bird ordered the plants in November, she has patiently nurtured all the plants in her six greenhouses, making sure that they had everything they needed to grow and thrive. By the time August comes, most of the annuals have been sold.
- Page 1: The process of growing annuals
- Page 2: The arrival of the plant plugs
- Page 3: Preparing for cuttings
- Page 4: Monitoring for pests
- Page 5: Controlling the environment
- Page 6: Planting in pots and cell packs
- Page 7: Encouraging growth in seedlings
- Page 8: Watering plants
- Page 9: Ready for business
- Page 10: Choosing star annuals