How to - Gardening Resources
Plan a road trip to Burlington
If you're looking for some outdoor fun, Burlington should be at the top of your places-to-visit list this summer.
Where to eat: Kelly's Bake Shoppe
In 2012, mother-daughter team Kelly Childs and Erinn Weatherbie opened up their first bakery with the same health-focused mandate as their restaurant, Lettuce Love Café. The delectable cupcakes and treats available at the pretty-in-pink shop are 100-percent organic, vegan, peanut-free and gluten-free but you wouldn’t know it. Ingredients such as fair trade sugar and cocoa, organic fruit purées and plant-based food colouring result in baked goods that don’t disappoint. Go early to get the best selection since this award-winning bakery is popular with locals and visitors alike. 401 Brant St., kellysxo.com.
- Page 1: Where to visit: Royal Botanical Gardens
- Page 2: Where to visit: Spencer Smith Park
- Page 3: Where to eat: Lettuce Love Café
- Page 4: Where to eat: Kelly's Bake Shoppe
- Page 5: Where to shop: Centro Garden & Holland Park Garden Gallery