What to do now - Garden-Inspired Travel
Reford Gardens: Modern design meets historic flair
Elsie Reford’s legacy along with contemporary gardens from international designers are sure to inspire
How to get to Reford Gardens
Reford Gardens is located on route 132 in Grand-Métis on the south shore of the St. Lawrence River between Rimouski and Matane. Directions can be found on the Reford Gardens website.
Budget at least half a day for your visit as there are 90 hectares to explore and over 3,000 species and varieties of native and exotic plants. And don’t forget to bring a notepad and pen in case a certain cultivar catches your eye!
Admission: $17 adults, $16 seniors
Hours: The gardens are open from June through October. Check the website for opening and closing times.
* For more information about the region, visit the Quebec Maritime website.
- Page 1: Elsie Reford's gardening legacy
- Page 2: A labour of love
- Page 3: The gardens today
- Page 4: What do you think a garden is?
- Page 5: A garden of knowledge
- Page 6: A garden of sticks
- Page 7: A moveable garden
- Page 8: Is the grass really greener on the other side?
- Page 9: A fun way to sow seeds
- Page 10: An elegant meal
- Page 11: A tasty spoon
- Page 12: Temporary and permanent art
- Page 13: Defying zones
- Page 14: A leisurely stroll
- Page 15: A green plan
- Page 16: Important details about the garden