* Canada Blooms, the flower and garden festival will take place from March 14 to 23 at the Direct Energy Centre at Exhibition Place in Toronto. Stroll through inspirational garden designed by some of the country and world's top garden designers. Visit the Canada Blooms website for more information.
* Applewood Garden Club presents: Getting the bugs out, Gardening without pesticides with Ed Lawrence. This year's Annual Special Evening features CBC Radio's inimitable question-and-answer man in an hour-long talk PLUS an extended Q&A session. Book sales and signing Thursday, March 20, 7 p.m. Lakeview Golf Course, 1190 Dixie Road, Mississauga, L5E 2P4 Tickets: $15 To reserve, or for more information, contact David Pavanel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-822-3157. This is an Applewood Garden Club fund-raising evening with proceeds to Our Place Peel.
* The Toronto Rhododendron Society hosts its annual sale on Sunday, April 27th from 10 am to 3 pm at the Toronto Botanical Gardens in the Floral Hall. The sale will feature a large and unique selection of early, mid and late blooming Ericaceous plants including Rhododendrons, Azaleas and companion perennials, conifers, Kalmia and Pieris. Our website is www.onrhodos.com
Paris Horticultural Society annual Plant Sale, Saturday, May 10th, 8 am – 11 am at Syl Apps Community Centre-Arena, 51 William Street, Paris, Ont. N3L 1L2. Large selection of hanging baskets, perennials, herbs etc. Master Gardener on site. Plant Auction to follow. Coffee with muffin $1.00. Call Carol 519-442-3458 or email email@example.com for details
* Markham Garden and Horticultural Society Plant Sale, May 10, 2014 from 8:30 a.m. until sell-out. 27 Parkway Avenue, Markham (on the east side of Grace Anglican Church)
* Hearth Place Plant Sale. Join us on Saturday, May 10, 2014 from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm for the 4th annual Hearth Place Plant Sale, at 86 Colborne St. W., in Oshawa. Stop by and pick up annuals, perennials and herb plants for your garden. All plants range in price from $2 to $5. All funds raised during this event supports programs offered at Hearth Place – Durham Region’s only cancer support centre. Visit our website for more details.
* Credit Valley Horticultural Society's 30th Annual Plant Sale in Mississauga, May 17, 2014, includes a large selection of locally grown perennials, native plants, vines, shrubs and annuals. Please visit www.creditvalleyhort.ca for more information.
* Creemore Horticultural Society Annual Plant Sale, Saturday, 23 May at Station on the Green, 10 Caroline St. E., Creemore, ON L0M 1G0. A large plant sale with most perennials in large pots with big roots and featuring some hard-to-find perennials; all from member's gardens.
For more info, contact Charlotte Vorstermans at 705-466-2756.
* The Canadian Cancer Society's 9th Annual Spring Garden Tour. Sunday 25 May 2014 from 10 to 4. Homeowners in the Rattray Marsh Area have graciously agreed to open their beautiful spring gardens to the public for viewing to support the fight against cancer. Guest speaker, Liz Primeau, lifelong gardener, magazine writer & editor, T.V. host, and author, will enlighten garden tour visitors in the grounds of the Bradley House Museum. Tickets: Advanced, $15, Day of tour, $20. For further information please contact Laura Liscio at the Canadian Cancer Society: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website.
* The Sudbury Horticultural Society will host the Sudbury Gardening Festival on Saturday May 31, 2014 from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm in the YMCA Centre for Life and Parkside Centre at 140 Durham Street in Sudbury, Ontario. The event will feature gardening-related vendors and exhibitors as well as gardening speakers and the Society's annual plant sale and spring flower show. Admission is FREE. Visit our website at www.sudburygardeningfestival.ca for more details.
17th Annual St. Marys Garden Fair, Saturday June 7 from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm at Milt Dunnell Filed (The Flats), Water St. North, St. Marys. Over 20 garden-related vendors in an outdoor setting, hosted by the St. Marys Horticultural Society. You will discover everything from hanging baskets to birdhouses, lots of unique perennials, annuals, shrubs and interesting garden décor. Our very popular heirloom tomatoes will be for sale, grown by our Horticultural members. Free admission, refreshments on site and lots of free parking. For more info, contact Ron Hunter at 519-284-2382 or email email@example.com
* Credit Valley Horticultural Society's Annual Garden Tour, June 8,2014 in Mississauga featuring a variety of beautiful residential gardens to inspire gardeners and homeowners alike to practice some of the ideas in their own backyard. For more information, please visit www.creditvalleyhort.ca
* Paris Horticultural Society annual Garden Tour, Saturday & Sunday, June 7 & 8th from 10 AM - 4 PM in conjunction with Springtime in Paris. Seven gorgeous gardens to visit, sit for a while & enjoy some music. Tickets $10.00 per person. Call Sandy 519-442-4630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
* Ontario Iris Society Annual Flower Show, June 8 from 1 pm to 3:30 pm at the Toronto Botanical Garden, 777 Lawrence Ave E. Toronto. Members display iris bloom stalks from their gardens for judging in this AIS-sanctioned flower show. Stalks remain on display for the public to enjoy starting at 1 pm. Potted irises will also be on sale. Admission FREE.
Visit our website for more information.
* The 39th annual Rose & Flower Show presented by Lambeth Horticultural Society. This year's flower arrangements and décor will reflect “Downton Abbey Traditions“ based on this popular programme. The show is presented on Wednesday, June 18, 2014 from 1pm – 6:30pm at the Lambeth United Church on the corner of Main St. and Colonel Talbot Rd in Lambeth. The $5 admission includes a tearoom, baked goods, the opportunity to win a door prize and a room full of beautiful, colourful flowers. For details see the website.
* Artists in the Garden Tour, celebrating our 15th anniversary, this year’s tour promises to showcase some of the best gardens in Oshawa and Whitby. Join us on Saturday, June 21, 2014 – rain or shine as we tour beautiful gardens, while taking in the sights and sounds of local artists and musicians. Tickets are $15/person in advance or $20/person at the garden gates. All funds raised support Durham Region’s only cancer support centre, Hearth Place in Oshawa. Visit our website to purchase tickets.
* Georgetown Horticultural Society Garden Tour, June 22, 2014 10 am to 4 pm. A tour of country and town gardens, large and small, new and old in Georgetown, Ontario. For more information, visit the website or email email@example.com
* Schomberg Horticutural Society's Annual Garden Tour. Sunday, June 22nd, 2014 from 10 to 4, $10 per person. Come and enjoy a self-guided, driving tour of many fabulous gardens in King Township. Tickets are available on the day at the Schomberg Community Hall, 325 Main Street in Schomberg. For more information contact Barb Niemeyer at: 905-939-2216
* The Prince Edward County Garden Show, Sunday, June 29, 2014, 10:00-4:00. Come to the Crystal Palace on Picton's Fairgrounds and enjoy a judged flower show, browse home and garden vendors from across Ontario, and eat home-made goodies at the Victorian Tea. The show is put on annually by the Prince Edward County Horticultural Society, founded over 150 years ago. Admission $2.00; on-site parking free. For more information, please visit our website.
* Delphinium Festival, July 5 & 6 2014, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm at Plant Paradise Country Gardens, 16258 Humber Station Road, Caledon Ontario. Come enjoy the beauty of this award winning, 24-acre botanical garden and organic perennial nursery. The 7th annual festival includes the world renowned Delphinium hybridizer, Terry Dowdeswell, who will be traveling from New Zealand. Lunch reservations required. For more information visit: www.plantparadise.ca or call 905-880-9090.
* Guelph Horticultural Society Garden Tour, July 6th, 2013 1pm to 5:30 pm. Highlights this year include an accessible garden, an urban farm and the unique collection of a Master Gardener. As always, there will be a selection of artists, craft persons and musicians set up throughout the tour and refreshments and door prizes at River Side Park. Tickets: $10/person, children under 12 free. For more information, visit our website.
* The Annual St.Thomas Garden Tour on Sunday, July 6th, 2014 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Tickets will be available at Canadale Nurseries Ltd., 269 Sunset Drive, St.Thomas. Hosted by the St.Thomas Horticultural Society. Visit our website for more information.
* Bobcaygeon Horticultural Society Garden Tour and Tea: July 12th, 10:00am-5:00pm. Explore seven unique gardens, enhanced with horticultural displays, refreshments and music. Full dessert tea served at Kawartha Settlers’ Village where local vendors will display their wares at our “gardeners’ market”. $15.00 pass includes admission to KSV. Children under 16, free. For more information, visit our website or call 705 738-0982
* The 18th Annual Gardens of Uxbridge Garden Tour on Saturday, July 12, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., sponsored by Investors Group. This self-guided tour offers a variety of gardens. Tickets are $25, which includes a box lunch to take on the road or enjoy at the Uxbridge Seniors Centre (75 Marietta Street, Uxbridge). On the day activities include a raffle for a great garden-related prize. All proceeds from the tour go to support programs and services at Community Care Durham. For more information or to purchase tickets call 905-852-7445, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the garden tour website or Community Care Durham.
* Creemore Horticultural Summer Flower Show, one of the largest in
Simcoe County, Saturday, July 12 at Station on the Green, 10 Caroline St. E., Creemore, ON L0M 1G0. The event will be held in conjunction with Creemore's Farmers Market. Enjoy the flowers and get inspired. For more information, contac Dorothy Shropshire at 705=466-2315.
* 2014 Markham Garden Tour. This is a self-guided garden tour of 10 beautiful private gardens. The tour takes place Sunday, July 13, 2014 from noon–4:00 p.m. The cost is $15 per person and tickets will be available after June 1 at a number of gaden retailers, including Sheridan Nurseries, 4077 Highway 7, Unionville, ON. Other ticket-sale locations will be confirmed and interested readers can inquire by email at MarkhamGardenTour@gmail.com or by phone at 905-294-4919.
* Blooms for Africa presents Evening Tour featuring the Gardens and Architecture of Historic Kirkendall. This area of Hamilton between Locke and Queen Sts has gone through a extensive rejuvenation in the past 10 years and is now one of most vibrant and growing areas in Hamilton. An evening candlelit stroll enjoying the diverse styles of homes and gardens with music, art and great restaurants throughout the route. July 18 and 19 from 6-10 pm. Tickets are $20.00 and can be purchased at La Jardinere Florist 246 Locke St S. 529-5909
To submit an event to this page, please email us at email@example.com