* Spring Gardening Workshops at Plant Paradise Country Gardens in support of the SHARE Agriculture Foundation. Tucked away in the northeast corner of Caledon is an award-winning botanical garden, organic perennial nursery and garden centre, Plant Paradise Country Gardens. This spring they are offering informative, fun-filled gardening workshops Saturday mornings 10 am - 11 am, that begin April 13th and continue every Saturday until June 1st. Complimentary coffee is being served and all registered attendees receive 20% off perennial purchases. Registration is required with all proceeds donated to the non-profit charity, SHARE Agriculture Foundation. For more information or to register, visit: http://www.plantparadise.ca/workshops_2013.html
* TBG Plant Sale Preview Day for TBG Friends and Members, May 8, 10 a.m. to 12 noon (Friends) and 12 noon to 8 p.m. (Members) Open to the Public: May 9 and 10 from10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and May 11 and 12 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. It’s a plant-lover’s delight, with choice perennials, annuals, vines, veggies, herbs, natives, woodies and more. TBG members enjoy a 10 per cent discount (with card). Visit the Toronto Botanical Garden website for more info.
* Paris Horticultural Society annual Plant Sale Saturday, May 11, 8 am to 11 am at Syl Apps Community Centre-Arena, 51 William Street, Paris, Ont. N3L 1L2. Large selection of hanging baskets, perennials, herbs etc. Master Gardener on site. Plant Auction to follow. Coffee with muffin $1.00. Call 519-442-3458 or email email@example.com for details.
* Mother’s Day Tea & Truffle Pairing Saturday, May 11, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Public $65; Members $55; two tickets and a one-year TBG membership for Mom: $145. Treat your Mom to a delightful afternoon of tea and chocolate truffle pairings, plus tips on tea selection and brewing from Certified Tea Sommelier Hoda Paripoush. Visit the Toronto Botanical Garden website for more info.
* The St. Catharines Horticultural Society is having its annual plant sale on Saturday, May 11 from 9 a.m. to 12 noon at the Bill Burgoyne Arena, 129 Linwell Rd., St. Catharines, ON, L2N 6H2. There will be a wide variety of perennials at excellent prices. The plants have been grown by members and friends of the club. There will also be vendors selling garden related products. For further information visit www.gardenontario.org/site.php/stcatherhs or call 905-934-9230.
* Hearth Place Plant Sale: Mark your calendar for the 3rd annual Plant Sale benefiting Hearth Place Cancer Support Centre on Saturday, May 11, 2013 from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm at 86 Colborne St., in Oshawa. (rain or shine) A variety of plants including pernnials, annuals, herbs and veggies on sale from $1 to $5 depending on size. For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.hearthplace.org
* Native Plant Sale: Saturday May 11, 2013 from 10 am to 3 pm. The North American Native Plant Society is holding its annual sale of wildflowers, ferns, grasses and sedges as well as trees and shrubs. Knowledgeable volunteers will be on hand to answer questions. The plant list and member online ordering is available at www.nanps.org. For more info email email@example.com. Location: Markham Civic Centre, 101 Town Centre Blvd., Markham, ON (Hwy 7 and Warden)
* Milton and District Horticultural society Plant Sale and Silent Auction, Thursday, May 16, 2013. Get everything on your wish list at this plant sale featuring an excellent selection of locally grown perennials, annuals, ground cover, hostas, shrubs and woodland plants. Receive helpful advice from Society members. Milton Fairgrounds, Halls 1 & 2, 136 Robert Street, Milton, Ontario.
* Milton and District Horticultural society Plant Sale and Silent Auction, Thursday, May 16, 2013. Get everything on your wish list at this plant sale featuring an excellent selection of locally grown perennials, annuals, ground cover, hostas, shrubs, woodland plants. Receive helpful advice from Society members. Milton Fairgrounds, Halls 1 & 2, 136 Robert Street, Milton, Ontario
* Credit Valley Horticultural Society's 29th Annual Plant Sale in Mississauga, May 18, 2013. Large selection of locally grown perennials, native plants, vines, shrubs and annuals. Please visit www.creditvalleyhort.ca for more information.
* Cloverleaf Garden Club annual Plant Sale, Saturday, May 25, 8:30 – 12:00 noon at the Carmen Corbasson Community Centre (formerly known as the Cawthra Community Centre) parking lot, 1399 Cawthra Rd, Mississauga, ON. Perennials and shrubs offered at great prices, grown by members and friends of the club: groundcovers, rose of Sharon, bleeding hearts, columbines, daisies, sweet william, black eyed susans, ferns, and hostas, hostas, hostas! Contact: Edel Schmidt, cloverleafPresident@hotmail.com, 416-953-1031 or visit www.CloverleafGardenClub.org.
* Woman to Woman Luncheon in the Garden
Thursday, May 30, noon to 2 p.m. Tickets: $125 each. This third annual event for women is becoming a “must attend” on many calendars. It’s a moveable feast with delicious food, fashions, music, hats and party frocks. Tickets and info: 416-397-1483 or visit the Toronto Botanical Garden website.
* Paris Horticultural Society annual Garden Tour Saturday & Sunday, June 1 & 2 from 10 AM - 4 PM in conjunction with Springtime in Paris. Seven gorgeous gardens to visit, sit for a while & enjoy some music. Tickets $10.00 per person. Call 519-442-4630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
* Through the Garden Gate: Forest Hill and South Hill. Saturday, June 8 and Sunday, June 9 One day pass: Public $40; Members $35. Two-day pass: Public $52.50; members $47.50. Tour 19 exceptional private gardens in two of Toronto’s most prestigious neighbourhoods. Hop on-hop off bus service provided. Tickets and info: 416-397-1483 or or visit the Toronto Botanical Garden website.
* Georgetown Horticultural Society Garden Tour, A tour of country and town gardens, large and small, new and old. Please join us on Sunday, June 9, 2013. For more information, contact the society at email@example.com or on the Georgetown Horticultural Society website.
* Credit Valley Horticultural Society’s 20th annual garden tour, June 9, 2013, in Mississauga features wonderful large and small residential gardens. Each is unique and showcases what will grow in this area while providing inspiration for your own garden. This is a tour you won’t want to miss! For more information, please visit www.creditvalleyhort.ca.
* Grand Durand Garden Tour 2013, Saturday June 15th, 2013, 10 am to 4pm. Rain or shine. Tour 9 private gardens in Durand, Hamilton's most historic neighbourhood. Tickets $20. Visit www.durandna.com or call 289 396-5288 for information.
* The Lambeth Horticultural Society's 38th annual Rose & Flower Show The show is presented to the public on Saturday, June 15, 2013 starting at 1pm at the Lambeth United Church at the corner of Main Street and Colonel Talbot Rd in Lambeth. The $5.00 entry fee includes a tearoom, baked goods and the opportunity to win door prizes. For details check our website www.lambethhort.com.
* Gates Open - Home and Garden Tour. Saturday June 15, 2013. South Scarborough from 10:00-4:00 p.m. $30 per person. Benefitting the Rouge Valley Health System Foundation. For information please call 905-683-2320 ext 1501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.rougevalley.ca/rvhsf
* 14th Annual Artists in the Garden: Join us on Saturday June 15th (rain or shine) for Artists in the Garden - a tour of gardens in Bowmanville, Oshawa and Whitby. Local musicians and artists from Durham Region will provide music and artwork for sale. Tickets are $15/pp or $20 at the garden gate. Tickets go on sale before Mother's Day - ticket outlets available at www.hearthplace.org or call 905-579-4833. All proceeds from this event benefits Hearth Place Cancer Support Centre.
* Gates Open - Home and Garden Tour, Saturday June 15, 2013 in
South Scarborough, with nine homes and gardens available to see. 10:00-4:00 p.m. 30 per person. Benefitting the Rouge Valley Health System Foundation. For information please call 905-683-2320 ext 1501, email
email@example.com or visit www.rougevalley.ca/rvhsf
* Pond Tour for Hospice, benefitting the Dr. Bob Kemp Hospice in Hamilton. A self-guided tour featuring private Water Gardens and Ponds in the Greater Hamilton and Burlington areas. Saturday June 22, 2013. Tickets available at the Dr. Bob Kemp Hospice or from Clearwater Ponds 755 Griffith Crt., Burlington. For more information, visit
www.pondtourforthehospice.com or call 1-866-270-POND
* Scents and Senses Guided Garden Tour for Saint Luke’s Place, Saturday, June 22nd, 2013 in Cambridge. This community fundraiser will visit 4 gardens – including the “Antique Steam Museum” in Puslinch, as well as Saint Luke’s Place’s very own beautiful gardens. For $35, attendees will receive a boxed lunch and be bussed to each location to enjoy music, refreshments and abundant flowers that will heighten and stimulate the senses. Registered Horticultural Therapist Lea Tran will lead a workshop on her unique approach to improving physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. Please contact (519) 658-5183 ext. 251 of firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets.
* The Leaside Garden Society hosts its annual Magical Gardens of Leaside Tour (rain or shine) on Saturday, June 22, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. This year's self-guided tour includes eight unique urban gardens and outdoor living spaces. Passports, which include garden addresses and a tour map, are $10 each (adults and children) and are available from the Society and several local merchants. For more information please visit us at www.leasidegardensociety.org or call 4116-481-8919.
* Cloverleaf Garden Club 48th annual Garden Tour, Sunday, June 23, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Visit private gardens in an area south of the QEW, east and west of Cawthra Rd. in Mississauga, ON, Canada. Tickets $15 per person, available at Sheridan Nurseries, Mississauga. Contact: Elaine dos Santos, CGCGardenTour@rogers.com or visit www.CloverleafGardenClub.org.
* The Orangeville & District Horticultural Society presents The six Hidden Gems of Zina Street Walking Garden Tour and Evening Tea Thursday, July 4, 2013, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tickets are $10 and are available at Dufferin Garden Centre, Orangeville Flowers, Booklore, or at the gardens on the day. You can park your car one block northwest of Broadway in the centre of town and walk along Zina Street, blessed with historical houses and established gardens. For more information, contact Jill Cutter at 519-941-8242 or email@example.com, or visit orangevillhort.org
* Delphinium Festival, July 6 and 7, 2013. Come celebrate summer with friends and gardening enthusiasts at the 6th annual Delphinium Festival.
Experience the refreshing peace and beauty at Plant Paradise Country Gardens. The festival includes gardening workshops/seminars, guided tours of the botanical gardens, concert, raffle, food, and much more. Adding to the exciting lineup of horticultural speakers, that include Charlie Dobbin, will be the Art in the Garden show & sale at the festival. For more information visit the Plant Paradise website.
* Guelph Horticultural Society presents: Garden Showcase 2013, Sunday July 7, 2013 from 1 pm to 5:30 pm. This year’s theme is “Spaces for Living", a lively cross-section of unique outdoor spaces demonstrating how gardens reflect our personal interests and personalities. Tickets are $10 per person (children under 12 free). Tickets available in advance from Royal City Nursery and Brock Road Nursery or at any garden the day of the tour. For more information visit www.guelphhort.org or call Lynn Near 519-837-8875
* The St. Catharines Horticultural Society's annual garden tour will take place on Sunday, July 7 (rain or shine) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Visitors will enjoy a self-guided stroll through various city gardens. Each garden is unique and will inspire you with new ideas to try in your own garden. Tickets are $10.00 each and will be available in advance from several local merchants. Tickets will also be available on the day of the tour at any of the gardens. For further information visit www.gardenontario.org/site.php/stcatherhs or call 905-934-9230.
* The 17th Annual Gardens of Uxbridge garden tour. Spend a day in beautiful gardens as Community Care Durham Uxbridge hosts its 17th garden tour Saturday, July 13 from 10 to 5. This self-guided tour (sponsored by Investors Group) offers a variety of gardens, both urban and rural. Tickets are $25 and include a delicious box lunch to take on the road or enjoy at the Uxbridge Seniors Centre. Purchase your ticket by July 10 for a chance to win dinner for two at the Tin Mill Restaurant in Uxbridge. Event day activities include a raffle for an original watercolour by Christl Niemuller. All proceeds go to support Community Care Durham programs and services. For more information or to purchase tickets, please call 905-852-7445, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Community Care Durham website.
* 14th Annual Town & Country Garden Tour hosted by the Canadian Federation of University Women, Belleville and District. Saturday, July 13 from 10 am to 4 pm (rain or shine). Price: $25. Ticket price includes self-guided tour, box lunch and more. Proceeds of the Garden Tour support college and university scholarships for local students. For more information, visit www.cfuwbelleville.ca or call 613-966-5677.
* 19th Annual Library Garden Tour, Midland (and area), July 13th from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. 15 unique gardens funding local libraries further details and ticket information at: www.librarygardentour.ca
* Lake Simcoe Gardeners 40th Anniversary Garden Party, Sunday July 28th, 2013 from 2 – 5. Welcoming old friends and new to join us for celebratory refreshments at Keswick United Church, 177 Church Street, Keswick, Ontario. Contact info: Diane @ 905-989-2655
To submit an event to this page, please email us at email@example.com