Other easy-going ideas
- Do some research and choose plants suited to your site.
- Make garden beds more accessible; islands or narrow borders save a lot of reaching and straining.
- Expand the garden only when you can comfortably maintain existing plantings.
- Mulch and mulch again. Fall leaves are free for the raking.
- Give shrubs and trees a light, annual pruning to save major severing of heavy limbs down the road.
- Exercises such as walking, swimming, yoga and tai chi translate directly into greater flexibility, limberness, strength and balance in the garden.
You might also enjoy: